Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

I have a Hampton Bay remote ceiling fan and light. The codes

Customer Question

I have a Hampton Bay remote for a ceiling fan and light. The codes have been changed. How do I find the right code for my remote. There are 4 DIP switches.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) There are 2 methods to accomplish this. One method is to perform a visual inspection of the DIP switch code settings located on the fan receiver and match them to the hand held transmitter.

2) If accessing the fan receiver will be difficult, you can take the handheld transmitter and step thru the 16 possible code combinations.

See DIP switch code combinations in the chart below:

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

1) How did you make out with the DIP switch code settings?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)