Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Is there a way to test and Emerson wireless ceiling fan

Customer Question

Is there a way to test and Emerson wireless ceiling fan receiver SW375 without either an Emerson compatible transmitter SR330 or compatible Emerson ceiling fan?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: My remotely controlled Emerson ceiling fan hast stopped working after I changed batteries in the remote transmitter. I do not have an electric wall switch for the fan. I changed a light bulb in the fan and it illuminates but the remote transmitter still does not respond at all. I have three such fans (each in a different room) and the other two are working properly.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: Nope. I'd like to know the cost for the help. Thanks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Does the fan contain pull-chains that can control the fan speed and the light kit?

2) Do you have either a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester or an AC voltmeter available?

3) Is the fan receiver located under the ceiling canopy cover or inside the fan motor housing?

4) Please confirm, the other 2 working fans are the same manufacturer and the same model number as the problem fan?