Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I do have an issue! Ok..so I am installing a light fixture.

Customer Question

Hello I do have an issue!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Ok..so I am installing a light fixture. In the electrical ceiling box I have the following wires 3 black 3 wire 1 red and the ground wire.... The fixture that I want install has 2 back, 2 white and the ground wire... I tried to wire the white with black with the red and then the ground wire from the fixture to the ground from the box... tried it and nothing works ..
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: Nope...that's it!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to www.justanswer.com

Was there a light fixture there before? Have you disconnected any wiring connections? Can you please send a picture?

Thank you