Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

This is ***** *****. replacing dishwasher. old one has two

Customer Question

This is ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: replacing dishwasher. old one has two electrical lines. I simply want to install a box and receptacle for the new dishwasher that has a plug. which do I use?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Does the cabinet area under the sink already contain an existing duplex receptacle? If so, is 1/2 of the receptacle switched and the other receptacle 1/2 is always "live"?

2) Does the sink area also contain a cord & plug connected garbage disposal?