Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

My name is, i purchased a home with a track lighting fixture

Customer Question

hi my name is sarah
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best, Sarah.
Customer: i purchased a home with a track lighting fixture with LED lights - two of which have gone out
JA: Sometimes, Sarah, electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you ready to speak with the Electrician now?
Customer: there is no brand name on the fixture only a vendor number, and i cannot figure out how to remove the light bulb
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. More than likely you only need a lamp replacement. Remove the head and take it to one of the home centers for a replacement lamp.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I purchased a home with a track lighting fixture - with no brand name or information on how to remove the LED light bulbs, yet two have gone out. All the information I have is a vendor #. I have taken it apart as much as I can, but cannot get the bulb out to get it replaced. It is vendor # ***** I have a photo if you need one.. it is
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
one more photo attached
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Look at the face of the lamp. The wire ring is what hold the lamp in. Push the ends together and the lamp will drop and you can unplug it. It looks like a MR16 lamp available at any home center or Ace hardware.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Still here.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok great. so what do you think? i should do? do you recognize the maker? so i could find the user manual?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

It looks like so many others that are made in China. Don't why you need a manual when I told you how to replace the lamp. It could very well be a Hampton Bay or a Harbor Breeze. Sold by Home Depot and Lowe's. If you Google "MR16 led lamp" you'll see the replacement which fits every fixture of that type.