Wayne Roberts
Wayne Roberts, Electrical Technician
Experience:  Electrican 6+ years
91004775

I have a circuit in my basement that is dead. Arvid is name,

Customer Question

I have a circuit in my basement that is dead. Arvid is name
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, it controls spot lights on the right side of basement garage. there are two breakers. the one on left works and when tripped, kills the lights. the right side is dead.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Wayne Roberts replied 9 months ago.

hello, my name is ***** ***** i would love to help.

Hmm, i am having a little trouble visualizing this. When you say "the right side is dead" are you referring to a breaker or the side of the room IE the lights on the right side of the room

I think you are talking about the breaker..if this is so make sure the breaker is securely clipped into the panel. If you have a multimeter we can check a few things out to really focus in on the problem here.

If you can test the breaker itself for voltage and it is good then you can be sure the lights are not working due to a short.

This could mean something as simple as a loose wire, or something as serious as a burned up wire in the wall..

if the breaker is NOT sending voltage, make sure it is securely attached to the panel, if all looks well and still nothing then i would replace the breaker