Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My name is ***** *****. My issue regards a gfci outlet,

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. My issue regards ***** ***** outlet, located in a shed, that keeps tripping. Three outlets run off of this gfci, therefore none of the outlets work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My issue regards ***** ***** outlet, located in a shed, that keeps tripping. Three outlets run off of this gfci, therefore none of the outlets work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Feed goes to gfci, three outlets and one shop light run from the gfci. Only 1 feed, gfci has been working for over 3 years. It has just rained, however, have had more rain in the past and has never tripped the gfci.
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

are you getting condensation in the shed.................any water go into the light?...............do tools rust in there?..............it could be that the primary GFCI is failing now.......have you tried replacing it or maybe switching it out with one of the others?............make sure LINE and LOAD wires are correct if you do replace it

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It does get moisture within the shed. However, I installed the gfci within a box that is suitable for wet locations
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

since it does stay on to test it............. I would change it and not put any load on it, test it there and then go one by one to each outlet and test them to see where the problem lies