Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have the same problem as a question you answered a year

Customer Question

I have the same problem as a question you answered a year ago. I installed a Profusion 240V electric heater. It has connections inside for line 1, line 2 & a case ground. I have a wire coming out of the wall from an old 240V heater with a red, black & white wire. I get 120 V when metering from the red to white, 120V from the black to white & 0 when metering from red to black. I assumed I should hook red to line 1, black to line 2 & white to the case ground. Nothing works. I have 120V on all the different terminals in the unit. It's like the common white wire needs to be connected somewhere else. ??
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Yo need to check voltage at the panel. You have one leg open.