Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

We have tried two new electric kettles, a Brevillesk500xl

Customer Question

We have tried two new electric kettles, a Brevillesk500xl 120v 60 Hz 1500W, and aKrupsBW750 120V 160Hz 1500W, both made in China. The Breville claims UL US, and the Krups UL STD 1082.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: When on, they both produce a lowish humming in our kitchen's outer wall.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Electrician should know?
Customer: The house was built in the 70's with 110v wiring, I think.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) If you temporarily relocate the appliances to other wall receptacles in the home, does the humming noise follow or go away?

Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 9 months ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

If you are still in need of assistance on the situation.

1. The receptacles being used on these kettles are on their own circuits at the panel?

2. Are the receptacles GFCI protected?

3. Can you do a temporary test at the washing machine receptacle perhaps for the same noise?

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks