Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am making this and need some help. I have connected the

Customer Question

I am making this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLia59KfkSw and need some help. I have connected the paired wire to a 12v power supply that I bought. The power supply green light comes on so I know it works. But when I connect the twisted paired wire to the led light panel (+ to +V and - to COM) the green light goes out and the led lights never come on. I have several questions trying to figure out what I've done wrong. Looking for someone who builds things with power supplies.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I suspect my problem may be in my soldering of the light strips to the paired wire or in the paired wire connections to the power supply.
Expert:  Phil replied 9 months ago.

Hello, tell me please what exactly you are attempting to power with the power supply you bought, I will either answer your question of forward it to an expert in the appropriate category.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to test the light strips before I add the additional electronic components. See the referenced youtube video at 6:52.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you help me with my question?