Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have one box that contains on receptacle and one switch.

Customer Question

I have one box that contains on receptacle and one switch. it also is on the same line as the light switch in the next room . I need to find the problem as none of them are turning on. I wanted to confirm the wiring of the receptacle as that is where I believe the issue is. the ground is attached , the white wire is attached to the top silver screw and I have 2 black wires left
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Do you have an 2 wire lead AC voltage tester (a contact type) or better yet, an AC voltmeter available to take some voltage measurements?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no I do not but see if I can get one tomorrow to do that
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.

No problem, that is fine. I will be logged on here tomorrow and we can take it from there. Just come back to this same question and reply back to me when you have an AC voltmeter available.

In the meantime, take care and have a good evening and we'll catch up with you tomorrow...........Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 9 months ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

If still in need of assistance, please reply and we can continue.

Thanks