Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Dryer will not stay on timer not running Model 62942

Customer Question

dryer will not stay on timer not running Model 62942 electric
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

and the make?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Kenmore model 62942 electric
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Tech with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not on there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. My goal today will be to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer to earn an excellent service rating from you.

If I may ask:

1-) I have make and model and/or number of the unit in question but do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) does the timer work in any of the cycles or not at all?

4-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics of the dryer....any wiring or a recent power outage

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie