Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

I purchased 2 LED strip lights from" Hue" (second

Customer Question

I purchased 2 LED strip lights from "Phillips Hue" (second generation) for my bathroom and they work great but the plugs are very big. I was wondering if I could either:
a) hardwire these to an existing outlet? Maybe with a converter? or
b) where I can plug 2 LED fixtures into one 24v converter?
Please help me find an elegant solution for this
Thanks,
Vicky
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Unfortunately, hard wiring the strip lights would require that the cord plug be cut off and removed. This will void the manufacturer warranty and will also void the "UL" safety certification listing and can result in a potential safety hazard.

2) In addition, the strip light power cord cannot be buried behind a wall and this would result in an electrical code violation and also a potential safety issue. The cord would need to be hard wired into a nearby receptacle box and a portion of the power cord would then be hidden.

3) If connecting the strip lights to a common power supply, this will also void the warranty and the "UL" listing on the product.

4) If desiring to have a hard wired light strip, you will require a product model that is designed for that purpose.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)