Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

My breaker is on seems ok it has pop before on this

Customer Question

my breaker is on seems ok it has pop before on this circuit,,,,when I put a volt tick on the black wire coming off the breaker,,,,it don't not come up hot....is that a bad braker or could it be a lose white
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that says it all,,,,i don't want to get into your program,,just this one question no monthlu bullshit
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Is the breaker a single or a double pole breaker?

2) Do you have other known working breakers in the panel of the same type and same amps?

3) Do you have an AC voltmeter?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Unfortunately a volt tic isn't the tester you need. About all they are good for is to indicate that there is voltage in the enclosure. The fuel couples and may produce a signal when in fact the wire is dead. You need a 2 wire voltage tester. If the circuit outlets are not working and you have reset the breaker fully to the off and then to the on and outlets are still dead. Swap breakers with another circuit to see if the breaker has failed.