Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

We have a Dayton electric motor that we are replacing. there

Customer Question

We have a Dayton electric motor that we are replacing. there are six wires coming in to the junction box and six wires on the motor. The system is 220 volt. all of the wires on the old motor were black, there were two pairs of wires that were tied together (4 wires) but otherwise I have no idea what goes with what on the new motor, The wiring diagram does not indicate my situation. If I knew the function of each color wire on the new dayton 6k674be motor it would go a long way in finding out the correct wiring of this motor. Any insight would be appreciated.
JA: Sometimes electrical issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Electrician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Electrician should be aware of?
Customer: The motor is switched to go both directions on a switch.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Electrician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

As I understand, you are replacing a motor with a new Dayton 6K674BE motor, is this correct?

You have 6 wires coming to the motor from some sort of switch?

Make and Model of the switch please?

Can you also provide a picture of the motor nameplate data and post?

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks