Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My name is ***** *****, my home is 5 years old all 4 ceiling

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** *****, my home is 5 years old all 4 ceiling fans begun to spin slow after about 2 years and about 3 months ago i had 3 replaced now the same thing is happening with them.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: they are a well know brand hunter pacific as were the originally installed ones, low speed is non effective medium not much better but high is just to fast.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Since this is a repeat problem, I would suspect a low voltage is causing the fans to spin slower.

2) Do you have an AC voltmeter available to take some voltage measurements?

3) Have you noticed any of the light bulbs in the home that are dimmer than normal brightness?