Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Craftsman garage door opener: Having door will open only

Customer Question

Craftsman garage door opener: Having door will open only with wall switch, but will not close. All remotes do not work.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1. Wall switch - Door opens when switch is depressed and released immediately. But, door does not close when switch is depressed and released (door jerks with short up and down motions), light on back of motor blinks and the interior light on front of motor is on then shuts off. If wall switch is held down in the depressed mode during the entire the door will close. All remotes have had their batteries have been replaced but still will not operate the door at all.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not on there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. My goal today will be to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer to earn an excellent service rating from you.

If I may ask:

1-) I got the make and model but do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are safety sensors on your door do they have either an amber, yellow or green light that is on right now?

4-) a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) how many times does itr flash before pausing

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie