Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I live in a 1953 home and the bathroom Thermador wall heater

Customer Question

I live in a 1953 home and the bathroom Thermador wall heater element just burned out. Can I find a replacement somewhere?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Chances are slim, but if you give me a model number I'll check on it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's a flush mount and I don't see a model number. I guess I'll have to remove it from the wall which will be quite a feat because the screws are rusted out.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Should have nameplate under cover.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The unit is actually one piece. If you can undo the screws, the whole thing comes out of the wall. There is no cover.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry but with out a model number there isn't anything I can do. I'll opt out and possibly another expert may be able to help. Stand by.

Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

Hi ............Is there a way you could upload a picture?..............second have you thought of replacing it to a newer upgraded unit instead of just the element ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Problem solved. It just started working again. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

no problem............anytime