Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am trying to replace the power switch on a craftsman table

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the power switch on a craftsman table saw with a paddle switch. The saw has a lr2459 motor with a black, red and white wire. Which is a ground?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

is your saw rigged for 220 line voltage ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
120 I believe
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

does the old switch have the same 3 wires ................because it is probably for the safety

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is all te hsame wires from the old switch. The new paddle switch has 4 spots for black and white from both power and motor
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

do you think it would be possible to upload a picture for me?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. I am just trying to figure out why the motor has a red, black and white as opposed to black white and green like the power cordend
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
You still there
Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

okay I am going to opt out and maybe a colleague will have a different idea on it ...........I didnt ask to be rated so dont click on it or you will get charged

Expert:  Eddie replied 9 months ago.

good luck

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'mMike G and I'll be assisting you. The model number you gave comes up as a fractional fan motor. Please check the nameplate. I also need the manufacturer name. Is there a wiring diagram on the motor?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have tried to attach a pic of the label of the motor I hope it works. The only way to get to it is basically assembling the saw.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I meant dissassembling the table saw. Which I really don't want to dothe
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Am I correct, is this a motorized table saw? If so, Sears would be the source for a switch replacement. Let me know and I'll check it out.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am replacing the original switch with a large paddle switch that is safer
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

I'll keep looking for the wiring info, but don"t know that I can give you an answer. The model number didn't allow for any info. If I can find an original switch, I may be able to tell you how to wire your switch. I"ll get back to you when I have something.