ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

I have a 175 sub panel outside of the house. It has 125

Customer Question

I have a 175 sub panel outside of the house. It has 125 going into the house master panel and two 40 amp 240 volt breakers for two ac units. Can I add a 50 amp 240 breaker for charging an electric vehicle?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 9 months ago.

Hi Kush, welcome to justanswer.com

You would probably be OK with the addition of the charger circuit due to load diversity - not all loads on or starting at the same time. It would be better to perform a load calculation to be sure.

I will submit anew Offer For Additional Services for you to look at to determine if you would like that much detail. If you decide to accept the additional offer I will need details on all of the connected electrical loads.

If you decide not to proceed please rate my service. Thank you