Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

Can I use Black 6-3 Romex NM- W/G Wire to provide power from

Customer Question

Can I use Black 6-3 Romex NM-B W/G Wire to provide power from an interior subpanel to a SPA GFCI disconnect?
It will be run under the house attached to the joists and the GFCI will be mounted on the outside wall. From there we will run 6AWG THHN in conduit to the spa.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) I provided you the answer on your original question.

2) Please don't duplicate questions as it causes confusion here with the system...........Thanks............Kevin:)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kevin,
What is the best way to hang the 6awg 3 w/g NM romex to the joist? Staple? How large does it need to be if it is...
thanks
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Personally, I don't like using staples as they can accidentally puncture or skin the cable insulation. On larger NM Romex cable such as 6/3 type, I use either a 3/8" or a 1/2" one hole strap and then I slightly squeeze the clamp together to secure the able in place. NM Romex cable must be supported a maximum of 4'-6" intervals and within 12" of a box or a conduit body.

See link shown below:

http://www.homedepot.com/s/one%2520hole%2520strap?NCNI-5

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU!
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

No problem, glad to assist.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.............Kevin:)