Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

Water heater ground wire plate
, sure. I am changing

Customer Question

Water heater ground wire plate
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure. I am changing the elements in my water heater. The bottom element is quite rusted and I cant get it off,. While looking at it, on the ground wire plate, bottom, which actually has the ground wire attached, has broken off from the plate. so the ground wire, is attached to a floating piece of metal, which is then attached to the tank, Is this a grounding issue? Do I need to replace the plate?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. You'll need to reattach the ground. It's placement is for a safe operation.