Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am trying to replace an outlet. There are 2 wires, 2 black

Customer Question

I am trying to replace an outlet. There are 2 white wires, 2 black wires and 1 pink wire. What the heck is the pink wire and where am I supposed to put it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am putting in an outlet with USB charging ports. The old outlet has 2 black wires, 2 white wires and a single pink wire. The new outlet does not have a space for a pink wire.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.

Expert:  Jason replied 10 months ago.

Do you still have the original outlet that you removed from the box?