Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

I have 3 overhead garage lights. Purchased FEIT LED (4') to

Customer Question

i have 3 overhead garage lights. Purchased FEIT LED (4') to replace the old florescent bulbs. each fixture holds 4 tube lights. I can only get two to work in each fixture. Why"
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you.

1) Which 2 are working, inside or outside lamps?

2) Are all fixtures the same positions?

3) Do your fixtures have 1 or 2 ballasts?

4) Are the lamps not working set properly in the sockets?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, I figured it out myself before I got your response. It seems that only 2 will work, not four - there are two separate places in each fixture (each holds 2 bulbs), only one tube bulb will work on each side. Don't know why, but it doesn't matter because the LED bulbs are so much brighter.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

OK if you're all set that's good enough.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Since I didn't get my money's worth and I didn't get the free 7 day trial, can you tell me why my pool lights will just go one by themselves, is it because it is picking up someone's else electric signal in the neighborhood (or something like that), is there any fix? They are currently on a remote to turn on and off. I turned off the electric by the pool, so as not to burn out the lights, if they are on all day and night. Otherwise, I will find them on and have to turn them off with the remote, only to find them on again. Another electrician had me buy a blocking/coupler Filter - passive, but then he never returned by calls after I bought it, and didn't want to spend money again on having another electrician come out and saying it was something else
Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

.