Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

House lights flickering, ***** *****
, every light in

Customer Question

Customer: house lights flickering , ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: every light in house flickers , took off main panel and i here a faint popping noise comming from main breaker
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Flickering lights throughout the entire home indicate either a loose service entrance conductor connection at the meter socket or main breaker lugs or possibly a loose main breaker connection onto the panel hot bus bars. The sound that you are hearing is most likely arcing taking place.

2) For safety reasons, I recommend that you kill power to the home by leaving the main breaker in the OFF position and contact a local licensed electrical contractor to confirm the problem. Loose service entrance wires or a loose main breaker is an area that you don't want to mess around with.

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)