Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

My control box just started tripping and I have had to reset

Customer Question

Customer: my control box just started tripping and I have had to reset it twice in the last week. My name is ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: All I know is there is no water but when I push the reset on the bottm it starts puming into the pressure tank again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I have just a few minutes right now but could come back later.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 10 months ago.

This could be a problem in the control box - a relay, a capacitor, or both or it could be a problem with the pump motor itself. Do you have a good multimeter? If you want to troubleshoot can you upload a picture of the control box with the cover off? Thank you Ken