Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Name is ***** ***** - trying to figure out how to wire a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, name is ***** ***** - trying to figure out how to wire a well pump to my generator.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: My well is about 250 feet from the house. My idea is to insert a 30Amp 220v Turnlock connector in the line leading from the switchboard to the well pump. When it is time for generator use I disconnect that and plug the line into the generator - does it make sense. At no time is there a chance of putting electricity from my generator back onto the grid, so that is no concern.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please cancel this request - I aborted the project. Thanks.
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) How many amps is the double pole circuit breaker at the electrical panel for the pump?

2) How many amps is the generator rated for?