Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

Beyer. Was googling the use of NM in a 6-story multi-family

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Beyer. Was googling the use of NM in a 6-story multi-family building. First floor is parking and retail. 2-6 is all multi-family.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We ran MC from the meter stack to each dwelling unit load center. Looks like we could have run NM.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The use of NM cable is only restricted to be enclosed in walls and ceiling with 15 min protection from fire. Drywall partitions.