Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I 't mind paying answer but what's the cost? Thank you. I am

Customer Question

Customer: Hello I don't mind paying for an answer but what's the cost? Thank you. I am replacing a non-working under cabinet florescent light in the kitchen. I wired it up black on black, ground on ground, white on white but it worked then stopped working and took the whole under cabinet lights out. The kicker is there are two full sets of electric wires coming out of the wall. 2, black, 2 white, 2 ground. However, both were not wired on the previous fixture.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: See above. Then again it didn't work so trying to figure out if I'm supposed to wire both sets coming out of the wall to the light fixture.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes. OK on the fee, too.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Your deposit that you provided is the cost of the question.

2) Is the under cabinet light plugged into a wall receptacle or controlled by a wall switch?

If controlled, by a wall switch, how many wires and the wire colors terminated to the switch?

3) If both were not originally wired, then was 1 black and 1 white wire capped off with a wire nut?

4) Any chance that you have an AC voltmeter available?

Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Hi, wanted to check and see if you are still in need of assistance on the light situation.

If so, please provide the details as asked previously and we can continue,

Thanks