ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

How can I change a 4 pin cfl socket to a gu 10 socket

Customer Question

How can I change a 4 pin cfl socket to a gu 10 socket (Philips hue)? It's currently hanging from the ceiling without a lampshade not recessed into the ceiling) which is how I will leave it.
According to the sticker, it's an Eterna, LEP 13, 240Vac, 13w max. Lam type: 13w 4pin compact florescent tube. I've got pictures if that would help!
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 1 year ago.

Changing the lampholder could be a fire hazard. The fixture is UL Rated as is. It would be safer to change the fixture. If you decide to proceed, remove the ballast(transformer) for the CFL and connect the hot & neutral directly to the GU10 lampholder. Proceed with caution.