Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

Can i plug my 100 amp park model trailer into a 50 amp

Customer Question

Customer: can i plug my 100 amp park model trailer into a 50 amp service
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: im buying a park model trailer that has 100 amp service. but the rv park just provides 50 am service. can i plug my 100 amp park model into the 50 amp service
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. If the RV site only can provide a 50A 240V circuit and outlet, you can with an adapter connect your 100A trailer with the limitation that the breaker will trip if you exceed 50A. In most cases your loads will never get to the 100A limit of the panel. The deserivacation of use will be much less. Should you need to, shed those circuits in the trailer that reduce the load.