Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have a hunter ceiling fan model 23487-300 t with remote

Customer Question

I have a hunter ceiling fan model 23487-300 t with remote that has stopped working. Fan doesn't operate and neither does the light.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Please confirm if this fan model contains a receiver that is located inside the ceiling canopy cover?

2) Have you checked the DIP switch settings on the receiver and the handheld transmitter to make sure they are matching?

3) Does the handheld transmitter contain a fresh battery?

4) Does the fan and light kit contain pull chains or only controlled by the remote control?

5) Do you have an AC voltmeter available to take voltage measurements at the ceiling box splices and at the receiver output?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. The requests for information by the previous expert are required in order to provide an answer. I'll stand by for the info.