Wayne Roberts
Wayne Roberts, Electrical Technician
Experience:  Electrican 6+ years
91004775

I need to run 600watts 12hrs and curious on what is needed

Customer Question

Customer: I need to run 600watts for about 12hrs and curious on what is needed for battery storage
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well i have a garage shop and have 600watts that needs to be consumed on a daily basis and was curious on how I could try using solar / battery to provide that
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electricians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Wayne Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I would love to help you with your battery selection.

you are going to want a 130 amp hour deep cycle battery and at least 750 watt inverter if the equipment operates at 120v

This would be to maximize battery life and performance. You can cut those numbers down but you shorten the life of the battery and have a higher risk of burning up your rig.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wayne, This is a great foundation to start with will help me with gathering costs for storage. The next research will be adequately recharge the batteries via solar as to have full or near full capacity.
Electricians are cool. ya guys/gals should hang out at home depot.. cheers!

a 200 watt 12 volt solar array with controller should charge the battery given you have good sun where you are.

If you find any of this information helpful take a moment to rate me, this is how my company knows i am doing my best to help :)