Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

Bob put new breaker box in house only half breakers work

Customer Question

Customer: Bob put new breaker box in house only half breakers work
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: every other breaker works everything is new.do I need to call the electric co.because on the power coming frommeter is 139.the other is58
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Can you take the following voltage measurements and let me know what they are?

A) At the main circuit breaker, measure across the 2 hot phases from lug to lug. Should = approximately 240 volts

B) At the main circuit breaker, measure from 1 hot phase to the neutral bus bar. Should = approximately 120 volts

C) At the main circuit breaker, measure from the 2nd hot phase to the neutral bus bar. Should = approximately 120 volts

D) At the main neutral bus bar, measure from the neutral bus bar to the panel metal enclosure. Should = 0 volts or very close to 0 volts

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)