Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

We have a Jenn-air Built in Microwave/convection oven we are

Customer Question

We have a Jenn-air Built in Microwave/convection oven we are trying to install. it is model # ***** We were told it was 120 volts when we bought it. But it has to be hard wired and it has 4 wires. One ground, one white, one red and one black. Is this 220 volts?
Jenn-air can not answer this question.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) On the installation manual that is located on the Jenn Air website shows that this model is a combination of 120 & 240 volts.

See link shown below for this model:

http://jennair.com/appliances/details/JMC2430WR

See page number 4 shown on the link below for the electrical spec's:

http://jennair.com/digitalassets/JMC2430WR/Installation%20Instruction_EN.pdf

2) The black and red wires are for the 240 volt connection. The white wire is the neutral wire and this is required for the 120 volt portion which powers the clock, timer and light. The ground wire is the equipment grounding conductor.

3) The circuit required for this model is a dedicated 240 volt circuit using a 20 amp double pole circuit breaker in the electrical panel. The circuit needs to be a 4 wire circuit comprised of 2 hots, 1 neutral and 1 equipment grounding conductor.

4) Shame on Jenn Air or the sales person not knowing their product:(

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)