Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

My name is ***** *****. I'm looking at the question that you

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I'm looking at the question that you addressed about 6 years ago regarding the replacement of an Intermatic Model SS7 timer with a new timer that requires a neutral line, in my case, a Utilitech wall timer (0192773) My problem is very similar. The colors of my wires that attached to the Intermatic timer were Red (house) to Red (timer), Black (house) to Blue (timer) and Black (was white but has black electrical tape wrapped around it - house) to Black (timer) which is the Hot wire. I do see additional white wires within the box that are capped.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm looking for the connections that I need to make for this new timer to work.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to www.justanswer.com

Is the old Intermatic still connected? If so, can you upload a picture? Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No...I disconnected it. I can reconnect if necessary.

No, thanks though. Thinking on it...

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Based on the house wire colors that were attached to the Intermatic timer suggests that the SS7 timer model was configured as a 3-way switching application, is that correct?

2) How many wall location switches controlled the lights you are trying to connect the timer too? The timer plus another 3-way wall switch?

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)