Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am trying to wire a reversing drum switch to a 3/4 hp

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****,I am trying to wire a reversing drum switch to a 3/4 hp reversing motor. the drum switch is a momentary switch.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sorry Norm, I hit the wrong key. The switch is from Relay & Control Corp. NY Model RS-1A . the motor is a 3/4 hp 115V reversing from Leeson. I am a pretty much self taught electrician but know nothing about reversing switches and motors. Any help will be appreciated.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Am I still in line for an answer ? It has been almost 4 hours.
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 11 months ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Please provide the Model number of the Leeson motor or even better, a picture of the motor nameplate

We can then continue and see if we can get you squared away and operating,

Thanks