ProGrade
ProGrade, Certified Electrical Contractor
Experience:  28+ years exp. - installation, troubleshooting, & repair of commercial, & residential electrical systems.
72658386

Ihave a fasco n693 motor It has black and blue wires coming

Customer Question

Customer: hi ihave a fasco n693 motor It has brown black and blue wires coming out, I need to know witch one is the active wire,because the motor rewinders said to join the brown and black together and using blue as active,but motor is running very hot.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: motor was running through a variable speed controller box, it has it has stopped working so I am trying to hook it up with just on and off. model no. is 80945bqvb-b11, if that's any help
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 10 months ago.

So, per motor rewinders instructions, black & brown connect together to the white / neutral wire, blue connects to switched side of your on/off switch.

Let me know how it goes, thank you