Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

What size circuit breaker does a ge -top elec pp9036dj1bb

Customer Question

what size circuit breaker does a ge cook-top elec pp9036dj1bb take
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) The link shown in the Home Depot web site below shows the cooktop is rated at 40 amps. Refer to the Specifications tab.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Profile-36-in-Radiant-Electric-Cooktop-in-Black-with-5-Elements-including-Tri-Ring-PP9036DJBB/205974880

2) The branch circuit will require a 40 amp double pole circuit breaker.

3) The circuit will require a 3 wire circuit comprised of 2 hots and 1 equipment grounding conductor. The 2 hot conductors need to be sized as 8 AWG Copper and the 1 equipment grounding conductor can be sized as a 10 AWG Copper. A white neutral conductor is not required for this cooktop model.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks...............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.............Kevin:)