Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

Hynes. my problem is i am trying to put a GFI outlet in I

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** hynes. my problem is i am trying to put a GFI outlet in I have two hot wires and one nurture if I cap off one hot I can get a normal out to work but not the GFI
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not sure what I could add it was hooked up to a regular house outlet not GFI and I disconnected it to place a GFI in because it is a bathroom outhet
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Wayne Roberts replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I would love to help you with your GFCI receptacle.

I would like to find this solution over the phone. This could be some detailed instruction and in order to serve you best i will need as accurate detail as possible Are you ok will accepting a small charge for an over-the-phone guide to your issue?

If you would like to continue with text that is fine :) but i may ask for some pictures and a few details.

Expert:  Wayne Roberts replied 10 months ago.

Were you able to get the GFCI figured out? :)