Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Spent 20 years as an Electrical Engineer, designing electrical plans and specifications.
329447

You helped me a while back with a pottery wheel that had

Customer Question

Hi Steve,
You helped me a while back with a pottery wheel that had lost it's torque. I replaced the circuit board that you found for me on ebay but unfortunately that didn't do the trick. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Steve G. replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. I was off yesterday - I apologize for the delay.

If you have replaced the motor controller and you are sure that you have the correct voltage at your wall plug, then the motor is probably shot. It's the only other part of the puzzle.

I'll be here if you can find the motor nameplate details.

Steve

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** I left you a message I spoke to a friend who I found out knows a lot about these things. He said I could theoretically have it recoiled but it would be cost prohibitive and I'm better off replacing the motor at this point. I appreciate you getting back to me though. Thanks again.