Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am an Architect and I need to prepare a Load Letter new

Customer Question

Customer: I am an Architect and I need to prepare a Load Letter for a new electric service. I did not retain an Electrical Engineer.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The utility company requests a load letter. I know we need three phase, 200 amp service based upon the equipment loads and size of the dwelling
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  ProGrade replied 11 months ago.

To perform a load calculation and load form for the utility, I need to know all of the electrical loads and their ratings as well as the total square feet. You mention 3-phase requirement. Is 3-phase available in your immediate vicinity? If not, it can be very expensive to have utility add it.

This is a calculation and I will submit an offer for additional services including a quote for the calculation.

Let me know if you are interested once you receive it. Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what happens if I want an $18 question and not a bait and switch for a $98 one?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This reminds me of the joke about "Big Joe" standing outside the locked bordello door. Big Joe wants to get......he bellows. Slip $20 under the door a voice from inside says. Big Joe waits patiently and nothing happens. Big Joe wants to get......he bellows even more loudly. The voice responds....."What? Again?"

There is no bait & switch and your satisfaction is guaranteed.

I will opt out in order to allow another expert to assist you. There is a huge difference in a simple question and engineering/calculations required for your question.

Thank you for the opportunity. Good luck with your project.

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

The previous expert is correct with his reply. Asking the many questions and performing load calculations is not just a simple 5 minute job.

I recommend that you retain an electrical engineer with a professional state license to perform the load calculations and you will end up paying the engineer or the engineering firm an easy couple of hundred dollars if not more:)