Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I installed a 20 amp outlet to plug dedicated line from RV.

Customer Question

I installed a 20 amp outlet to plug dedicated line from RV. RV is gone now and I would like to use the outlet for a heater is there an adapter that will plug into the 20 amp (angled, 2 prongs, 1 grounding post) and I can plug an extension cord into the other end? (2 prong 1 post regular spacing heavy duty cord) Thank you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

Hi Becky. Welcome to Just Answer.

Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

Most likely, the adapter you are looking for doesn't exist, unfortunately. The reason for this is because it could be dangerous to have adapters with ends on them that are rated for different amperages or voltages. What is the voltage of the circuit as it is currently configured?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think 110 I'm not sure.
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

Do you know which breaker in the panel feeds the circuit?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

If you can find the breaker in the panel, we will be able to figure out whether it's currently configured for 110 or 220, based on whether it's a single pole or a double pole breaker.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's okay. I am handicapped and cannot check right now. I appreciate your help and I will think of another avenue.
Thank you. Bye.
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist. Have a blessed New Year.