Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am in a church with 12 lighting circuits. I have a leviton

Customer Question

I am in a church with 12 lighting circuits. I have a leviton MC7016 controller and 2 leviton N2408-CD packs installed.
Sometimes when the controller is set to a low briteness setting - say 25%, the lights will gently pulse, not terrible but enough to be annoying.
The controller has a power source locally, and it is connected to the dimmer paks through a cat5 cable about 200' in length using a 3 pin XLR connector on the microplex output.
If I disconnect the XLR connector after setting the lights, the light level becomes stable.
Is this a defect in the controller or is the issue somewhere else. What do you advise to fix the4 situation?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. What type of lamps are in the fixtures in question?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please drop this question.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

No problem.