Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

I am trying to install a Leviton dimmer DZMX1 with a

Customer Question

I am trying to install a Leviton dimmer DZMX1 with a matching dimmer remote VPOOR-1LZ. I can't get it to work. The hot line is coming into the dimmer box and is connected to another wire which goes to the remote box giving it power all the time. The wire ends at the remote box. I have the hot black wire connected to the black terminal, the white wire is connected to the white terminal and the red wire is connected to the YL/RD terminal (ground wire connected to ground terminal. In the dimmer box, I have a pigtail coming from the hot wires to the black wire. The red wire (from the remote box) is connected to the yellow/red wire. The red wire on the dimmer is connected to the black wire going to the LED lights (load). The white wires are all connected together and there is a pigtail going from there to the white wire on the dimmer. The green wire is connected to the ground. These are the same connections that I was using for the regular 3 way dimmer switches (Lutron DVCL-153PD) except that I did not have to connect a white to the dimmer previously. Any idea?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. If you look at your instruction sheet diagram you'll see that the black wire on the remote isn't used. Only the white to white & Y/R to red to Y/R are. Make the change and let me know the results.