Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  30 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License
71008832

On a horizontal race way EMT how many feet can I run before

Customer Question

Hi on a horizontal race way EMT how many feet can I run before I have to install a box trough on a 200 amp 3 phase 4 # 3 odd I'm running 200 feet thank you
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) There is no National Electrical Code requirement on raceway distances when connecting to a trough or a gutter system within NEC Article 366 (Auxiliary Gutters).

2) On any type of conduit system, there can only be a maximum of 360 degrees of bends between pull points. A trough or a gutter system would be considered as a pull point just like a junction or pull box is.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..............Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..........Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..........Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Thanks..........Kevin:)