Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I am tryimg to backfeed a generator through an exterior

Customer Question

I am tryimg to backfeed a generator through an exterior outlet. I know its not the way but am in a emergency hookup. I have turned off the main and all 220 breakers. Only some of the 120 circuits are receiving power although breakers are on.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Did you install a Power Inlet at the exterior of the home and are you using either an Interlock device or a Transfer Switch?

2) What kind of cord are you using from the generator to the exterior outlet? A male to male cord?

3) Do you have the generator cord plugged into a 120 volt or the 240 volt receptacle on the generator?