Wayne Roberts
Wayne Roberts, Electrical Technician
Experience:  Electrican 6+ years
91004775

I have purchased new LED lights to replace old one ( pin

Customer Question

I have purchased new LED lights to replace old one ( pin fitting with condenser off mains)
I bought a led driver to connect between the lights and the mains but can.t get the lights to come on.
I have power and the lights work when I attach direct to the mains, but not when I put through the LED driver.
Bit out my depth now can you help please
Thanks Scott
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Wayne Roberts replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Mt name is ***** ***** i would love to help you with you LED lighting issue.

My*

May I have a picture, or make manufacturer of the LED driver and the new LED lights?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are u in the US I'm in UK not sure you can help ???

I was just wondering if the driver was already on the bulbs, you had mentioned that the lights "work" when connected directly to the "mains". In US we have compact LED bulbs with the driver and bulb in some sort of package configuration to be adaptable to existing sockets.

I dont have any other thoughts as of yet, I have helped people from UK before because the principals are the same. Often materials ( devices, bulbs, fixtures switches) work on the same concepts as US. I am finding they are very similar/ dissimilar the more I learn.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Think I will try and source some local knowledge. Didn't realise u were in US thanks anuway

You are welcome :)