Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer
11762411

I have 3 leads coming into the box and I want to wire a

Customer Question

Customer: I have 3 leads coming into the box and I want to wire a touch dimmer switch to the box to control a single light.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: all three whites are wired together as are the ground wires. where do the 3 black wires go ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electrical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Wayne Roberts replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is***** would love to assist you with wiring your touch dimmer. May I have the make and model of the dimmer? Also, do you have a multimeter handy? Finally, i i can have a photo of the electrical box in question it would help me help you :)