Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

There are non ge tandem breakers in my ge panel. Some of

Customer Question

There are non ge tandem breakers in my ge panel. Some of them look like they don't fit. Can I replace those that don't fit with pairs of ge slims?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. Yes and you should. Breakers must be of the same manufacturer as the panel. They are listed and approved to be matched. The proper breakers will fit.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried using 2 GE slim 15 amp breakers where 1 of the tandems is and they both didn't stay in the slot and didn't work to allow the circuits to work. I tried a while handful of them, just in case the first pair of breakers was defective, but none of them stayed in the slot and every one embed up blocking the current. When I put the tandem breaker back in it stayed in just fine and power returned to those circuits.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

If possible upload a picture of the panel for review and after which I can give you a call.